Black dating sites are useful and efficient online platforms for those who want to meet people with the same ethnic background. If you’re searching for diversity, new romantic relationships, impressions but want to date black people – African-American dating sites are the best place for you. In this black dating sites review, we are considering matching systems, registration procedure, as well as pros and cons of 9 best black dating sites that you can try out to finally meet that person that you’ve been looking for a while now.
Black dating tips
Dating can be intimidating even in the same race. When it comes to international or interracial dating, things get twice as complicated/ Here are a few tips to keep in mind when dating black women or men.
- Be honest about who you are and what you want from this meetup. Try not to fool the other party into something that is never going to happen. If you are looking for someone to settle down with or for a partner for a simple hookup, you should say so. It doesn’t matter on which gender side you are standing. Nowadays females can be looking for hookups and males for marriage.
- Be fun. We’ve all been through some traumatic experience but don’t make it the main topic of your first date. Instead, try to enjoy each other’s company fully and do something that would bring joy to both of you.
- Be confident. As I mentioned before, any type of dating can be tempting and frustrating due to the nervous “first impression.” Be yourself and stay confident of who you are and what you say. If you keep true to your inner self, you will calm down and there will be no point to get nervous.
|Black People Meet|
- 1-month subscription – $4.19/week
- 3-month subscription – $3.49/week
- 6-month subscription – $2.99/week
There are plenty of free black dating sites. BlackPeopleMeet, however, has the largest user database among blacks dating websites. It is one of the most popular black dating sites out there.
The procedure of registration is simple. You have to choose the gender of people you’d like to meet at the site, then fill your location, zip code, username, birthdate, and password. Then you’re supposed to upload your photo. After that, fill the information “About yourself.”
The site will be appealing not only for heterosexual black people but also for LGBT representatives.
You can buy virtual money at the site and spend them on gifts or notifications when a certain person goes online, you can make your profile go at the top searches, or use your virtual credits for some other nice sweet things.
There are various options to find matches. Firstly, you can filter all users setting parameters, such as area, appearance, photo, or keywords.
Secondly, you can choose the swiping options “I’m interested” or “Today’s matches.”
In case you have found a person you’re interested in, but don’t know how to break the ice, the site offers message ideas that help to start the conversation. For instance, consider the questions about weird secret talents or 5 things you will take with under any circumstances.
- Competitive price
- A vast database of black singles and especially black women for dating
- A simple procedure of registration
- Dating sites for black singles only
- Too many restrictions for free accounts
- Lack of personalized approach in matching
Editor's pick for May, 2020
- 1-month subscription $24.98
- 3-months subscription $16.66/monthly
- 12-months subscription $8.33/monthly
Black Cupid is a black dating website with a convenient and user-friendly interface. After the registration, you can review users and text them or show your interest. You may sort the site members by various criteria: relevance, photos, recent activity, when they’ve signed in, their lifestyle, background, values, etc.
If you have a free account, remember that only people with an upgraded subscription can answer the messages of users with free profiles. Unlike other sites in that ranking, Black Cupid allows its users to analyze the user accounts with detailed information of the potential matches.
80% of users at that site are men. Thus, women have a better choice than men.
You can find a toolbar with various convenient features, such as contact list, where you can prioritize some profiles, and block or mute others.
- Safety guideline. The site has a blog with instructions on how to behave and what to pay attention to online and offline to stay safe.
- Multimedia communication features. For instance, video or audio chats, which boost live conversation, emails, messages.
- Verification. All users have to pass the verification procedure after downloading their photo. Moreover, the site’s administration blocks all the suspicious accounts
- No option to range people by the proximity to the user
- Almost all useful tools for communication are paid
- Weak matching tool. Searches for the users according to your preferences are not based on the powerful algorithms. It doesn’t consider the distance, and sometimes, the results are pretty irrelevant.
- 1-week subscription $14,99 per month
- 1-month subscription $29.99 per month
- 3-month subscription $19.66 per month
- 6-month subscription $6.30 per month
Finally, the legendary dating app for hookups has launched a site! The procedure of registration is quick and straightforward – all you need is your email.
Pure stands out from other dating sites for its time regulations. The photo you are downloading is a sign that you’re looking for communication. Your profile will remain at the feed of other users for one hour only. After that time has passed, the photo will disappear. To search for more matches, you’ll have to send the request once again, which helps to show only those users who are currently online and looking for a pair. The same rule of one hour works when you have the match. The chat with your crush will be deleted in 60 minutes.
Thus, it is time during which you have to decide whether you like the person and want to continue talking to him or her. In the chat, you can send photos and your geolocation.
Moreover, you are neither required to give your real name nor attach the pages at social media. All users agree to remain 100% anonymous.
The main idea of Pure is to transfer the conversation from online to offline. Its matching system provides the users with the most suitable choice according to a person’s gender preferences, social status, location, so that he or she wanted to meet with the match as soon as possible.
It is also LGBTQ+ friendly and ultimately makes it top within other black gay dating sites, whatever you have in mind, black lesbian dating, black transgenders, or anything else you are looking for.
Pros of Pure — free black dating site
- Time-efficiency. Time restriction makes you and your interlocutors quickly decide whether you like each other or not.
- Straightforwardness. Pure is a hookup site. That fact helps to avoid boring polite talks, as well as clumsy hints. You can go straight, telling your expectations and ideas, and no one will judge you.
- Simplicity. When you have a match, you can talk or delete the conversation. There are no additional functions — everything is happening instantly and smoothly.
- User experience. The site is highly functional so that you don’t have to search for additional windows or links to perform the various actions. Everything is available on one page.
- Constantly growing user base. This newly emerged service already has more than 500,000 users and nearly 100,000 unique users daily. The probability of finding someone there is pretty high.
- It is one of the most trending dating apps in the US.
- Not all locations are covered yet.
- To send and read messages, you need a premium membership.
- 3-month subscription – $23.99/month for the basic and $27.99/month for a premium plan
- 6-month subscription – $21.99/month for a basic and $23.99/month for a premium plan
- 12-month subscription – $19.99/month for a basic and $20.99/month for a premium plan
That dating site has been at the market for decades. Thus, it has a large user base. That site does not exclusively focus on black dating. However, there is an option to choose only Afro-American matches.
During the registration, you’re supposed to fill in the huge questionnaire. It might be challenging for those who prefer quick sign in. Match.com questions might take up to 30 minutes to answer.
According to data from the site, 40% of Match users succeeded to have relationships which have started at that dating site, and its minimum duration was one month. The matchmaking process at this black dating website is convoluted and brings efficient results. On the one hand, your detailed answers on a lengthy questionnaire allow the algorithm to find the most suitable users. Every day the program will send you The Daily Five – the most suitable partners. Moreover, it is learning from your behavior on the site, which means that the proposition becomes more precise with each day. On the other hand, Match.com also set accurate filters so that you could search for the partners manually.
The site has tools to interact with users. For instance, you can attach a quiz about yourself to your profile, so that people could learn more about your life from the very beginning. Moreover, the site has games that allow users to have pleasant communication with each other.
- Highly personalized matches
- Almost 22 million users
- Lara Chatbox – live tutorial which helps new users figure out how everything works
- Messaging isn’t available for a free membership
- The long process of registration
- 1-month subscription – $7.49/weekly
- 6-month subscription – $4.49/weekly
It might be one of the most famous dating sites for black singles of older age. From the very beginning, you can choose the ethnicity of your matches, so that you could see only black singles. The procedure of signing in is classical – to select the gender of your partners than fill your geolocation, username, birthday, email, and password.
After writing down the information about yourself, you are also asked to answer three questions: your preferred kind of date, and “what would you choose?” kind of issues. Then you can select people from the list which will help the system to understand your preferences better. Finally, you can choose the most suitable subscription plan, and start your journey of dating a black girl — or a black guy.
The site has a precise system that helps filter the users choosing the most suitable criteria for you — age zodiac sign, geolocation, religion, marital status, height, and more. It is also using deep machine learning so that you could see the most fitting partners according to your behavior.
When you have found the users who interest you, you can start a live chat. You can also push “I’m interested” button. The site also allows you to click “Yes” at the photo of members, so that a person receives “Flirt” from you.
- The most suitable site for people in their senior years
- One of the best black dating sites for elderly people
- Sends the notifications when someone reviewed your page
- You can save the profile photos of people you’ve liked
- You don’t have to get paid account to swipe people’s profiles – it’s free
- You cannot chat with anyone until you haven’t bought a subscription
- 1-month subscription $59.95/month
- 3-months subscription $29.95/month
- 6-months subscription $29.90/month
This service claims to be one of the best platforms among dating sites for black professionals.
Eharmony has a scientific approach to match singles. It uses a 29-dimension model. You are asked to answer fundamental and compatibility questions so that the algorithms could understand you better. After you have filled all the questions, the program seeks the most suitable partners according to your preferences. Eharmony relies not only on the algorithms but also on professional experts who help match the couples.
Daily you will receive in your inbox several profiles of your potential matches. You’ll see the photos and personal information of the users. To write a person, you’ll need to pay for the subscription. The site doesn’t have an option of a manual search.
When you buy a membership, you can start messaging your matches. The subscription also allows you to use the “RelyID” tool, which is verifying the identity of your interlocutor. Moreover, if you pay, you can review who was checking your photos and profiles
- Personalized matching
- An option to indicate your ethnicity and the expected ethnicity of the potential partners
- You can mark some of the questions as “very important” so that experts pay more attention to it. Such an option might be helpful for people with traditional views or particular preferences
- Because of manual matching, the choice is more narrow
- Many essential tools (like messaging) cost money
- No data how many black people are registered there
- 1-month subscription – $29.95
- 3-month subscription – $19.98/month
- 6-month subscription – $12.49/month
One more option for a free subscription which allows you to use the Carousel, Behavioral Matchmaking instruments, as well as search for the partners manually.
Zoosk is one of the leaders among black dating websites. The platform is not exclusively the African American dating site. However, it allows you to specify your ethnicity and the preferred ethnic background for your matches. It is also one of plenty of dating sites for black singles who are focusing on a more serious relationship. In general, Zoosk has almost 4 million visitors monthly and 35 million users in total. Thus, you have a great variety of options.
You can sign in to the site either with a Facebook account or your email address. While registering, you have to mention your sex and gender preferences. After choosing a photo for your account, you are asked to fill the information about yourself – your body type, the level of your education, ethnicity, height, whether you have children and whether you smoke. After filling your profile, you are asked to answer the question about religion, relations status, profession, and annual income.
A site has three types of matching.
1) Behavioral Matchmaking. With the help of machine learning the site finds the most suitable options for you. It firstly searches for the matches according to your mentioned preferences. It also learns from your actual actions. How long you were thinking before liking a person, what part of the bio made you dislike the user, what is a general trend for those who you like and who you don’t like. Constantly analyzing your behavior, it makes the most precise suggestions. With the help of Behavioral Matchmaking, the program sends you one person whom you can like or dismiss.
2) Manual Search. That tool allows you to see the profile of other users and includes plenty of options what you can do with those profiles – add, wink, send a gift, write a message. Manual search also allows you to set the parameters for the search – indicate age, distance, geolocation, ethnicity, and relations status.
3) Carousel. The fastest way to search for the partners. You see the profile picture of a person and have to press Yes, No, or Maybe. This option, however, is limited for the users with a free subscription. To access an unlimited mode, you’ll have to buy Zoosk’s money and pay for that option.
- You can set an automated response to the users so that it was sent to all users you’ve liked
- Security check. You’re supposed to prove your identity by taking a picture using your smartphone camera. What is more, the site provides users with detailed guidelines on how to stay safe during black online dating
- No-harassment policy. You can easily block any user whose behavior you find unpleasant
- Various options for the search
- Zoosk has a unique tool for the dating app – collecting and showing users data about themselves. You can review the insights based on statistics about people whom you like, people who like you, and the ways you’re starting a conversation
- It is not a black dating website, and there is no data about how many African-Americans have registered on the site
- The registration is too lengthy. The letter of your account confirmation doesn’t appear in the inbox messages immediately, so you have to wait for a couple minutes to get it.
- The interface of the site is quite convoluted and looks a little bit out of date. There are too many options and windows. It requires time to figure out how it works
- Many options are limited unless you’re buying the subscription
- 1-month subscription – $27,30/month
- 3-month subscription – $15,30/month
- 6-month subscription – $12,30/month
Black hookup sites aim to please those who are not looking for serious relationships.
The procedure of registration is simple – you are supposed to tell your gender, leave your email, a postcode, and a password. After that, you see the profiles of people and can wink them or add them to the list of favorites. In the users’ profiles, you can read their sexual preferences or preferred partner’s appearance. Unless you paid for the membership, you can see only one profile picture of the user.
- Relatively cheap price
- Has a lot of people who are looking for casual hookups after trying other black people dating sites
- Smooth user experience, which makes it easy to use
- Redirects you to the scam websites
- You receive a lot of messages immediately but then asked to upgrade an account to see the chats
- You cannot choose your and your potential partner’s ethnicity
- Plenty of fake accounts of beautiful women to lure men
- Hard to delete your account
- 1-month subscription – $29.99 per month
- 3-month subscription – $11.39 per month
- 6-month subscription – $8.39 per month
- (All the newcomers also have to pay $3.99 for the processing fee)
The main idea of that site is to connect Christian singles. It is not exclusively a black dating site. However, it has the option of choosing an ethical background. It is a perfect place if you’re a marriage-minded person and believe that hookup-apps are not something suitable for you. Similarly to most free sex websites, you’re supposed to answer questions. Christian Mingle questionnaire, however, also includes the questions about your Christian life, for instance, how often you’re visiting the church.
The platform is based on the Color Code Personality Test – an easy and comprehensive psychological test as an integral part of the matching system. It helps to match the most suitable couples. ChristianMingle also has a Readiness IQ test, which assists in revealing whether a person is ready for serious relationships.
There are plenty of ways to start talking to people. You can see who reviewed your account or sent you an ice-breaking message. Those tools are free. However, you’re restricted from messaging people, unless you have a paid membership. To initiate the conversation, you can send a smile, a spark, or E-card.
- There are plenty of positive reviews about the site concerning its users as well as navigation
- Unique system for matchmaking based on personality tests
- Focus on Christian singles
- You can review profiles for free
- You have to buy a subscription if you want to text someone
- The site is criticized for its intrusive emails and scams
- The site is pretty expensive
- Does not offer precisely black dating
Pick the best of Black dating sites
Here is a review of the top 9 Black Dating Sites. As you may see, there are plenty of dating sites for black singles. All of these above can be openly considered as the best free black dating sites with its pros and cons.You may choose which one you like the most. The only advice from us – don’t complicate your life. Online dating and sexting might be intriguing and fun, but the best part of it when it grows into offline dating.
Find your hookup adventure in one hour
Pure users are looking for adventures. They value anonymity, straightforwardness, and intimacy with no obligations.
The application works quickly and simply — no long registrations or endless questionnaires, no social media links or photo albums. The algorithm uses end-to-end encryption and deletes profiles and chats in an hour after they start.
Upload your favourite selfie, find the person who turns you on and start texting. You have one hour to arrange an adventure together.
Still in doubt? Then keep looking for the best app for hookups.