Online dating is extremely popular now. Downloading an app for self-care or to find a committed relationship is nothing extraordinary now. Since most dating platforms target straight users, LGBTQ+ daters might feel left out.
The good news is, there are plenty of lesbian dating sites. Here, millions of attractive women are looking for same-sex relationships. This is a full review of the best lesbian dating apps. Who knows, maybe you will find your true love on one of these platforms.
|Odds of success|
|3/5 hookup chance||Medium Sex Chance|
|low fraud risk||Verification Facebook, Instagram|
|$14.99 - $89.99 subscription price|
- 1-month subscription for $14.89
- 6-month subscription for $59.99
- 12-month subscription for $89.99
Her is the biggest and the best lesbian dating app by multiple accounts. Girls from all over the world sign up to the website to find a hookup or a long-term girlfriend, help each other deal with relationship issues, share sex tips.
Her is more than the most popular lesbian dating app. In fact, it’s a community that organizes local events, has active forums and blogs and helps people of all ages accept and make the most out of their sexual orientation.
- You can find dates in your area by enabling location-based matching.
- Stylish and easy-to-use mobile app interface.
- Fast registration: creating an account on Her takes a minute at most.
- Strong community: platform users unite in forums, write blogs, and meet at events.
- Texting others is free.
- You need to have a Facebook or Instagram account to sign up for Her.
- No way to look for partners on your own. You will have to choose among the matches selected by the system.
- The mobile app may be laggy. System crashes can get on your nerves if you’re in the middle of passionate sexting.
You can log in with your Apple ID, Instagram or Facebook account, or phone number:
The profiles on the platform are detailed. You can find out about other people’s relationship expectations, height, weight, and body type, education, or hobbies. Finding a soulmate on Her lesbian dating app is easier also thanks to the feed which most girls update regularly.
The matching system is straightforward. Swipe left or right on the matches the platform selected based on your location and relationship preferences. You can text other girls for free once you matched with each other.
If you pay for the premium subscription, you’ll be able to see if Her users are online, change your location to date people from other cities, have an unlimited number of swipes, and see women who matched with your profile.
Editor’s pick for September, 2020
855 users online now
|3/5 hookup chance||Medium Sex Chance|
|medium fraud risk||Verification email|
|$1.99 - $59.99 subscription price|
- 1-month subscription for $14.99
- 3-months subscription for $29.99
- 12-months subscription for $59.99
Fem is a lesbian chat avenue that helps like-minded girls start relationships. The platform is different from other lesbian dating apps because all users have to record introduction videos rather than write text bios. This way, Fem users can get to know each other. You can be confident that your partner’s face in real life isn’t that different from the profile picture.
There are a lot of public chatrooms on the platform. Here, people discuss the difficulties of same-sex relationships, share tips and hacks, and look for a prospective partner. If you got in touch with someone via the public chatroom, add a girl to the friend list and text each other in a built-in chat.
- Safe chat rooms. All messages are encrypted and confidential.
- You can create an account in a few clicks. The same goes for uploading a profile picture, and this is enough to get started.
- Short videos help to know other girls much better than edited profile pictures and long bios.
- The strong user community, with an ever-active group chat.
- The mobile lesbian dating app can freeze, not allowing you to answer texts.
- You can see a limited number of profiles for free and have to buy coins to text as many girls as you want.
- Cropping issues can cut the top of your head out of the frame of the video.
Apart from buying a subscription, you can get access to more features by paying for in-app coins. With them, you can unblock a lesbian chat room, send an unlimited number of messages, etc. You can get 100 coins for $1.99, 1500 coins for $19.99, 3,000 coins for $34.99
Fem is an easy-to-use chatroom, with an innovative approach to lesbian dating. The platform is one of the best free lesbian dating apps because you don’t have to fill in questionnaires or post feed updates, just start chatting with others right away.
|750k members||150k per months|
|4/5 hookup chance||High Sex Chance|
|low fraud risk||Verification email, phone, photo|
|$0.95 – $45.95 subscription price|
- Free for females
Strictly speaking, Pure is not one of the most popular lesbian dating apps. Why? It’s not exclusively targeted on the LGBT community, but what I like here is that users are down-to-earth and open about their intention, unlike at some other platforms where people from all over the world look for hookups, friendships with benefits, milf dating, or polyamory. Pure users are open-minded, eager to express their sexual desires in creative and unconventional ways.
Pure is a 100% safe dating platform. All the chats on the app have a 24-hours timer. When the time is up, they disappear forever — unless you and your partner both tap the collar icon to turn off the timer. But even without that, in 24 hours you can do a lot: discuss what you like and what you’re looking for, maybe flirt to see if there’s chemistry, and even schedule dates and meet up in real-life.
Pure users are straight-forward and know what they want:
- All Pure users are anonymous. You don’t have to hold back worrying that somebody figures your identity out.
- Signup takes only 30 seconds and requires only an email or Apple or Google ID.
- All texts are deleted one hour after you sign up. Your partner won’t be able to save messages and pictures either.
- The app is totally free for women. I mean it, you’ll have to pay $0.00 to have a chance to meet real women in your area.
- There are more people in big cities, so if you live in a rural area, you might have fewer people to talk to.
As soon as you’re signed up, all you need to do is to post a catchy text ad. You can describe yourself, talk about your desires, or what you want — there’s no limit. If you feel like it, you can also attach a picture. Then you’ll see a feed of the people in your area, you can like them or pass. If they like you too, you’ll have a chat with the 24-hours times that I’ve already mentioned. Feel free to talk as dirty or shy as you want, because no names or social media are visible.
Pure has 750,00+ users all over the world. The app is especially popular in the US, as an Asian lesbian dating app, or just an app that helps you to blow off the steam and enjoy it together with somebody just as kinky.
Scissr developers focused on creating the best platform among free lesbian dating apps for Android. You can download it from the Play Store or Apple Store. They take identity confirmation seriously: you can only use the platform after linking a Facebook account to it. All girls on Scissr specify their age, height, ethnicity, and relationship status. You can write a bio as well to let others know what partner you are looking for.
The interface is simple yet the app doesn’t fall short of features. For one, the fact that the platform allows women to showcase their most attractive selves is cool. Here, you can crop your pictures, apply filters, and make sure you look your best.
- All features are free and unlimited.
- There are no fakes on the platform.
- The website has a friendly user community.
- Search filters help find the right match for a casual encounter or a long-term relationship.
- Location-based matching limits the pool of partners in smaller towns.
- You need to have a Facebook account to sign-up for Scissr.
- The platform is not available for PCs; you can only use the mobile app. Though these days it cannot really be called a disadvantage.
Scissr is available as a mobile application:
All in all, Scissr is a well-thought-out free lesbian dating app. There are search filters: you can sort through profiles based on girls’ ages, body types, or relationship expectations. To match with a woman you like, press the “Crush” button next to her profile. If a user likes you back, you can text each other in a chat.
|1 million members||350,000 logins monthly|
|3/5 hookup chance||Medium Sex Chance|
|low fraud risk||Verification email, Facebook|
|$24.98 - $119.98 subscription price|
|Gold Membership||Platinum Membership|
Pink Cupid is one of the first top lesbian dating apps, dating all the way back to 2006. Most people on the platform are 25-35 year-old-women, looking for committed relationships and casual encounters. There are two types of membership available: Gold Memberships for texting others and Platinum Membership which lets you rank higher in the search reel, block ads, see other girls’ profiles anonymously.
Creating a profile on the platform takes a lot of time because you need to fill in a long sign-up form. Pink Cupid will ask you to describe the perfect partner, your hobbies, interests, relationship dealbreakers, and other things.
To speed up the sign-up process, you can link your Facebook account to the platform.
PinkCupid does not really look like other Cupid family apps:
- There are almost no fake accounts on the website.
- Texting is free. However, you can only send a limited number of messages without a membership.
- There’s a built-in instant chat: you can see if a partner is online before texting.
- You can find partners and make friends in a public chatroom.
- Only premium users can read the texts other girls send.
- Time-consuming sign-up process.
- You will have to upload at least three pictures to use Pink Cupid.
Pink Cupid goes to great lengths to protect the platform’s users, from long sign-up forms to identity verification. These security measures seem to work out well: people here are genuine and committed to building lasting bonds with other women. At least, I did not notice any fakes or meet any scammers trying to make me pay for something.
- 1-month subscription $9.99
- 3-months subscription $24.99
- 6-months subscription $39.99
Lesly is another popular location-based lesbian dating platform popular among white and black lesbian dating apps fans. On Lesly, you can look for matches by specifying the traits of a perfect girlfriend in the “Search” tab. Once you found a girl you’d like to know better, send her a text. On Lesly, you can message others for free, exchanging messages and pictures in a real-time chat.
- User profiles are detailed. You will find out which hobbies your future girlfriend has, what she’s looking for in a partner, what’s her height, weight, education, and occupation.
- Lesly is available as a desktop app, as well as a mobile app for iOS and Android. Both applications are well-designed and easy to use.
- Before texting Lesly members, you will know if they are online.
- Great space for finding long-term lesbian relationship partners.
- Long sign-up process, with dozens of open questions to answer, nothing like simple AFF login.
- There aren’t enough matches outside of metropolitan cities.
Lesly interface is eye-pleasing and intuitive:
Lesly should be your go-to platform if you have a long-term relationship in mind. Hookup-seekers would hardly be happy with the website and should consider alternatives instead; something like Pure where users are ready to meet up IRL and see where it leads.
These seven lesbian dating apps for teenagers and adults are great for practicing if you haven’t dated a woman before. On the other hand, experienced daters can be confident in finding a partner who knows their orientation for sure and isn’t just “trying gayness out”.
If you are looking for committed relationships, explore lesbian dating apps free versions like those of Her or Pink Cupid. For casual sex, choose Pure. It is easy-to-use, has a lot of active users, is safe, and encourages scheduling a one-night-stand as quickly as possible.
What are the best free lesbian dating apps?
A lot of lesbian dating apps have a free version. You can use Her, Fem, or Scissr to connect with queer women for free.
What is the most efficient lesbian dating app advice?
When you choose the website, take your time to write a catchy bio and upload a picture that showcases your personality. Since a lot of platforms are swipe-based, a good profile picture and description can make or break your success.
How do I date my first lesbian?
Looking for same-sex relationships on good lesbian dating apps is a good idea since you will avoid awkward situations and can be confident that a woman you want to ask out is on the same page romantically.
How to write lesbian pick-up lines?
The good news is, most people on lesbian dating apps — Android or iOS — are not judgemental when it comes to pick-up lines. Making a joke or asking an open question are solid conversation-starting strategies.
Where can I find a hookup as a lesbian?
Signing up for hookup platforms is the easiest way to connect with other lesbians in the area. Pure, for instance, is an acclaimed hookup website where both straight and gay girls can find one-night stand partners.