Looking for relationships the old-fashioned way is a problem for everyone these days. Even if you are at high-school or just starting college, and supposed to have plenty of people to hang out with, it’s rarely the case.
Instead, let’s get creative and see what teen dating apps allow users of 18 years old or younger to look for love. After all, getting used to adult ways of finding a relationship as early as possible wouldn’t hurt. By the time you’ll be 21, you’ll have plenty of experience under your belt.
This is one of those dating apps for teens that keeps options opened to both love and friendship. The platform is a social network with the primary purpose of looking for a romantic experience, but it’s not limited just to that.
- A free version.
- A premium account for $9.99 per month.
- Connect your Facebook or Google account or register a page from scratch.
- The registration form doesn’t go beyond essential information.
- Free messaging, likes, and feed posts.
- A feed with profiles of people, located nearby, and compatible with you by age and interests.
- Creative additional features. “Shake to chat” pairs you with a random person within your 3-4 mile range. “Skout travel” unlocks locations all over the world for 24 hours.
- You need to accept a messaging request before a user receives full chat access — excellent anti-creep protection.
- No profile validation.
- Complicated interface.
Skout is known for its lightweight rejection. Even if a person is not interested in you romantically, you can be friends and chat. While a friendzone is hardly your goal, it’s still better than a cruel rebuff.
Excellent for dating beginners
A platform of a slightly higher level and meant for users with long-term romantic intentions. It doesn’t mean that you should necessarily commit long-term, but it’s a real deal. You’ll have a date in an hour, so prepare yourself.
- Free 3-day trial version.
- A weekly for $14.99.
- Register an account to let matches know your age and location.
- Specify dating preferences: ethnicity, religion, preferred age, education.
- Go to the map and look for dates in 5-10 mile radius.
- Look for random profiles: basically, an online version of blind dates.
- Send text messages, images, and voice memos.
- Protected privacy: the chat is encrypted and destroys itself in ah hour.
- No exposure: the application does not connect to your social media accounts.
- Dates nearby: flexible filters and customizable location settings.
- It’s best to not experiment with blind dates with no romantic experience.
- You have only an hour before the real-life date.
Pure erases the worst evil of online dating — ghosting. Unlike other teenage meeting apps, at Pure, users have only an hour to know each other before they meet, and conversations are direct and honest.
No dragged dialogues and unread messages
Hinge promises that you won’t have to download another app one ever. Dating can be messy and time-consuming, and we want to be over with the first stages as soon as possible. Now, let’s see whether Hinge lives up to its ambitious promises.
- A free limited version.
- Monthly subscription for $7.
- Register an account and fill out the forms on the pages “My vitals” with name, location, and age, “My Virtues,” “My Vices,” “My Photos,” and “My Answers.”
- Choose a relationship type and status.
- Go the feed and choose whether to decline or accept proposed matches.
- Stat off by linking a profile or prepare a pre-made ice-breaker.
- Fun chat activities, built-in questions, and pick up lines.
- Works for serious relationships.
- Lengthy registration.
- You are required to list occupation which can’t be disheartening if you don’t have any.
Hinge contrasts ints dating approach to Tinder. It’s not a swiping app, but a relationship-building platform. That’s also the reason why the dating itself feels much less fun, pretty much just like a regular social network.
Not bad for young people with serious intentions
Coffee Meets Bagel
Dating can feel like a full-time job. This app makes it more accessible by automating profile selection. Each day, you receive a digest with 5-6 most compatible profiles. You’ll have more time to consider each match — and move on to studies.
- A free edition.
- A premium membership for $35 per month.
- Men receive the most compatible female profiles, while women receive the list of men who are already interested in them. A bit strange that girls can’t be the first ones to make a choice, but then again, commitment is higher as well.
- You’ll be matched firstly with friends of your Facebook friends, then — with people who share similar interests.
- You can start messaging once your match was accepted, and even “Send A Woo.”
- One of the most popular dating apps in the US and Canada.
- So far, the platform introduced 2,500,000 users and initiated 50,000 long-term relationships.
- A point system rewards active users.
- Your Facebook friends will find ou that you are into online dating.
- No freedom and limited choice.
Coffee Meets Bagel is one of the best dating apps for teens and college students who barely have time to sleep, much less to browse feed.
An efficient solution that pre-selects the most compatible profiles, saving a lot of time and effort
The fear of registering on a dating service only to receive messages from creepy guys is real. Still, this is not the case with Bumble — a feminist dating app where girls get to make the first choice.
- A free version.
- $9.99 per month for a premium membership.
- Registration takes 3-5 minutes — you only need to let users know your age, location, interests, and preferences.
- Go to the feed and contact exciting matches.
- Girls can message guys right away, without matching up beforehand, guys will have to wait for the approval.
- You have 24 hours to chat before you schedule an actual date.
- More than 4 million users.
- Ghosting is less common than on Tinder.
- Pre-saved openers and built-in fun conversation starters.
- Girls need to invest a lot of time in searching for a partner since there is no chance of being casually approached by someone
- No special features for LBGTQ-users.
We’ve heard way too many horror stories about online stalkers, after all. It’s not the case here.
On Bumble, women feel empowered and safe
On Taffy, you browse a carousel feed with profiles previews and headlines with dating preferences. The only thing that’s left is picking the most attractive ones.
- It’s a free app with paid add-ons.
- Make your offer by uploading pictures and adding a headline.
- Go to the feed and accept or decline users’ requests. images are purposefully kept blurred.
- Start messaging your partner and watch the picture becoming more apparent with every passing message.
- It takes approximately ten messages for an image to appear in its original form.
- No pressure to impress merely by looks. the app gives your personality a try.
- Three posting categories for short-term, long-term relationships, and dating advice.
- Wasting time talking to people who end up to be the opposite of your type.
Breaking up the conversation after you did not like the picture is awkward.
If you have always been scared but curious to try blind dating, Taffy is an excellent place to start
The dating app that makes all the tough choices together with you. Datetivity offers prepared dialogue lines and manages your scheduled date.
- A free app with paid features.
- An intuitive dating manager where you can keep track of your schedule, upcoming, and declined dates.
- Prepared ice-breakers and negative responses.
- The app determines compatibility in percentage.
- “SpeedMatch” — random matching based on your interests and preferences.
- No offense taken since all negative responses are standardized.
- Your dates are ordered and saved — now, forgetting is not a concern.
- Not enough personal information.
- Outdated interface.
Automated matching, standardized conversation starters, and prepared dialog lines — all this shortens the gap between you and the partner.
An ultimate dating application for beginners
You may wonder why we put Tinder so low on the list. The truth is, we don’t think it’s necessarily one of the right dating apps for teens because of its superficial approach to dating. Still, trying out such an OG app is a must-do experience, and there are many reasons to love Tinder, despite its obvious drawbacks.
- A free version.
- A premium membership for $9.99 per month.
- Swipe right to accept the match, and left to decline.
- A profile requires only a photo, description, and age.
- You can register an account by connecting your Facebook profile.
- The most prominent dating mobile application in the world.
- It’s fun and stress-free — swiping feels a lot like an RPG.
- Registration takes less than a minute.
- You are judged on the base of looks — one sentence of description is not enough to understand personality.
- Focused on casual dating rather than in serious relationships.
Tinder is, first and foremost, a unique dating experience, and for that, it’s a reason to give it a try. But when users have a photo and one sentence of information, it’s hard to plan anything beyond a one-night stand.
Don’t expect to walk out with a serious commitment
If you cross paths with a lot of people, but nothing good comes out of it, Happn offers a solution. The app analyzes users’ location data and sends alerts the moment two Happn users crossed ways.
- A basic free version.
- A premium version for $24.99 per month.
- Matches are based on the lists of Facebook’s friends of friends.
- Location is the primary selection criteria.
- Happn displays users’ favorite TV shows, Youtube channels, movies to make bonding easier.
- You’ll meet people who live nearby and go to the same places.
- Your match will share your interests, location, and even Facebook friends.
- No desktop app.
- No search in a free version.
Happn has impressive interest customization settings. You link your account to Spotify playlists, share favorite posts, and share your plans for the next 6 hours.
A compelling bonding ground for a serious relationship
It’s one of those online dating apps for teens that are dedicated to young people only. Here you can make friends, find love, and participate in local group activities.
- A free app.
- Premium pack for $$5.99.
- Tinder-like swiping system.
- Elaborate safety settings and mandatory verification.
- Live video chats and open voice messaging.
- Quick registration.
- Designed specifically for teens’ needs.
- Swipes are suitable for superficial connections, but not as much for deep relationships.
- There were complaints of shady users approaching kids.
Yobo is a friendly, simple dating site, open for teenagers. Serious relationships might not be in the books for most of its users.
You can use it to test the waters and get experience
It’s not a strictly dating service but rather a communication platform. While finding a romantic relationship might not be its primary purpose, it’s one of Nearify’s main perks.
- A free app with paid add-ons.
- Register a profile by connecting your Facebook account to the app.
- See events that your friends are attending and their latest updates.
- Share videos, text messages, and voice memos.
- Discover events nearby.
- Discuss similar interests on group meetups.
- Attend workshops and educational lectures together with your crush.
- Not much to do in small towns.
- The romantic connection is not a priority.
Nearify is a fun opportunity to enrich your social life and discover cool events nearby. And if it just happens so that your crush comes too, you might start a real-life relationship.
For those who want to enrich social life
Best dating app for teens
People you see on Pure are online right now. Our users are making it clear: they want to hookup within one hour.
Unlike most sex websites, we do not have awkward questionnaires. The service works as a local sex app based on your location: the first thing you need to get a match is your registration.
After your sign-up, you will see lots of people in your district with the distance between you shown. To try your fate, you can like, dislike or super like other members to come together.
The last step is a flirty conversation, which starts if your chemistry is mutual.